Students will understand that:
1. All matter can be classified by its observable, physical properties.
2. Matter can be measured and changed by energy (ex: heat, light, sound).
3. When materials are put together, they can do things that they cannot do by themselves.
Students will know:
1. The difference among a solid, liquid, and a gas.
2. The concepts of heating, cooling, cutting, melting, folding, and sanding.
3. Energy is power- the ability to do work or make changes.
Pierce, Natalie; Boelens, Jamie; and Brackett, Catherine, "Matter Matters" (2011). Understanding by Design: Complete Collection. Paper 158.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.