This unit addresses the Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guideline “Child identifies good habits of nutrition and exercise.” By the end of the unit, students will know that:
- exercise is necessary to stay healthy
- how the body is affected by eating healthy vs. unhealthy foodsand will be able to:
- identify healthy and unhealthy foods;
- sort ‘go,’ ‘slow,’ and ‘whoa’ foods; and
- demonstrate and discuss the need for exercise and rest to stay healthy.
Morrow, Beth and Peppers, Anne, "Nutrition and Exercise" (2011). Understanding by Design: Complete Collection. 187.